Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2001 CH SERIES MACK, THE A/C SYSTEM HAS CORRECT FREON, THE

Customer Question

+2001 CH SERIES MACK, THE A/C SYSTEM HAS CORRECT FREON, THE HIGH AND LOW PRESSURE SWITCHES TEST GOOD, IF WE ENGAGE COMPRESSOR CLUTCH MANUALLY THE SYSTEM BLOWS COLD, WE NEED TO KNOW THE CIRCUIT FROM THE DASH SWITCH TO THE COMPRESSOR AS WE USUALLY DONOT WORK ON MACK TRUCKS AND DONOT HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM TO TRACE...DOUG MITCHELL SVC MANAGER,....THANKS..
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi Doug. My name is***** will be glad to try to help. i once worked for a Mack/ Peterbilt dealer in the past and First verify the fuses and relays are good and the temp control has power gong in and out at the switch. If so and you have good pressure switches and full charge as you said, check the thermostat switch at the evaporator core in the heater box. Also These switches are usually adjustable on these models with a small hole in the switch for a small screw driver to adjust the cut in and cut out. See if you can get the compressor to cut in if thermostat switch tests good.Let me know
Copy and paste this link in your browser.
http://www.rdac.com/sites/default/files/Service%20Manual.pdf