cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

I have Pete isx 475 and stop engine light on can't start regen

Customer Question

i have Pete isx 475 and stop engine light on can't start regen 200000 miles on truck any reset I can do?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today.Do you know what fault is present? The engine is protecting itself from damage and there is no way to reset the fault until the problem is resolved.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I reset to move truck from side of the road? Gas pedal not responding and engine shuts right away? Def was set on manual not sure who did it but now he can't move
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We also tried to disconnect battery and sill nothing
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
You cannot reset the fault until the problem is resolved. Can they tell you what faults are present on the diag screen? I can advise if i know the faults present. disconnecting the batteries does not reset the engine ecm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No codes truck runs for 5 sec and shuts down. Regen required. Check engine sometimes comes on
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
It is running for 5 seconds because of the stop engine light. The stop engine light is associated with a fault. If the Regen required light is on along with the stop engine light it is beyond a regen and the aftertreatment system must removed be inspected.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello just following up. Do you need more assistance? Please don't forget to rate my service.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service.