Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

Jason, I have a 1996 international truck 4700 dt466, it

Customer Question

Hi Jason, I have a 1996 international truck 4700 dt466, it will start and run fine for about 8 minutes and then it dies; wait 5 minutes and it will do the same thing. I replaced the cam sensor my mechanic friend says the computer might need to be flashed at the dealer.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Can we Start with the last 8 digits of the Vin number please ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Haven't heard anything in a few days ! Looking for an update ! Do you still need help ? Let me know ! Happy to help further if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Andy, yes I still need help been a busy weekend for me. I was asked for the VIN # ***** here it is 1HTSCAAM9WH497747. It's a 1997 model 4700 4x2. I can't get it to even fire now, cranks fine and it has an ether button and it will fire when that is used.
Thanks
MIke
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Have you tried retrieving flash codes using the diagnostics button at the bottom of the dash to see what is in memory for codes ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did and no codes
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
What is the fuel pressure reading while cranking at the fuel filter housing on the Schrader port ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need help ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this!Do you still need help ? Let me know !
Happy to help further if needed !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session ! That is the only way that I am rewarded on here . Thank you