Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

3 cyl tractor. Got it to turn over with jumpers, started briefly

Customer Question

3 cyl tractor. Got it to turn over with jumpers, started briefly and stalled out.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
What make and Model of tractor is this?Gas or Diesel?Stalled out? like it ran out of fuel? Or had to much load on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Homier's Farm Pro 2425 (China), diesel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is full of fresh fuel. I just started it and it ran at high rpm full power. I backed it down to idle to get ready for operation and it stalled out after about 5 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's got to be the fuel system. Where do I start?
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
is there a fuel shut off? if so open it.have you checked the fuses. if all you do to shut off is turn the key to off, you have an electrical fuel shut off. If fuse is blown it will not open and allow to run. Then would be go to the fuel filter and bleed the fuel system. Then with throttle at full throttle se if it will start. If not may have to loosen the injector lines at the injectors. then crank engine over until fuel come out injector lines. tighten injector lines and try to start. if it starts pull throttle back to idle immediately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a manual kill. I can turn the key to off position and it will still run (when it's running). I put on a new fuel filter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I bleed the fuel system?
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an Owners Manual?At the Fuel filter, there should be at the top of the housing a screw, unscrew it about 1 turn. Find the fuel lift pump, there should be a handle on it. pump the handle until fuel comes out the screw you loosened. tighten the screw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no screw on the fuel filter housing and no handle on the fuel lift pump. This (unfortunately) is a Chinese tractor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can send you photos if that would help.
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Lets try this a different way.1. From the fuel filter where does the fuel line go?2. If it goes to the Injector pump how does it attach? banjo bolt?3. Is the fuel tank kigher than the injection pump?