Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I'm working on the abs on a 1999 t800 Kenworth Is it

Customer Question

I'm working on the abs on a 1999 t800 Kenworth Is it possibly for the module to not send power to 1 valve only?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
It is possible that the ECU is faulty. However , it is more likely you have a corroded wire between the ECU and the valve . Have you tested the wires going to the valve with a load light ? Do you have the wiring diagram ? If not , I can help ! Can we start with the full vin number please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again Andy #XKDDBOXOXJ954755 I've followed the wire from the valve to the firewall plug can't see any obvious damage to the cable also where is ecu located?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
missing a digit in your vin ! I am not sure where the ECU is located on a Kenworth cause I work for an International dealership. I can get you the diagram though !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry should start with a 1xk
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
It still is not working for me . Can you recheck please ? should be 17 digits in total . Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1XKDDBOXOXJ954755
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Good morning ! Thanks for the info ! Will get back to you on this after work today if that's OK !
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Sorry I forgot to get back to you yesterday but I checked your vin number and there seems to be an error . Can you recheck please ? There should be 17 digits altogether. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I count 17 Andy 1 X K D D B O X O X J 9 5 4 7 5 5. Lol
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
I tried it and it's not working on my system for some reason . Sorry. I will have to opt out i think and let someone else try .
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! I'm back ! I have found some diagrams for Wabco ABS for that make , model and year of truck. I did not go by vin number because your vin did not work in my system for some reason . Would you like these diagrams anyway ?
Expert:  Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ! Just looking for an update!Do you still need help ? Happy to help further if needed . Let me know! Thanks
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end of this session . That is how I am rewarded on here . Thank you !