Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2007 International 4300 DT 466: this question is Allison

Customer Question

this question is for an Allison Transmission expert
I have a 2007 International 4300 Dt 466
with an allison 2100
This is what happen so we are on the right track
my truck has 280000 miles, it had a shock load, i never had transmision problem until the transmission went out, ok, i replaced it
i went to International to purchased the same transmission using the vin number of the truck as well as the serial number of the transmission
I replaced it, clear the code on the TCM but now when i driving the transmission reaches the temperature or when the oil gets hot and i get a transmissin light on. i let it cool down for a while and starts very well until the oil reaches the right temperature and it shuts down again. i connect the Allison scan tool and i have an active code, this code reads as follows
The DTC code is P0872 Transmission switch 3 (PS3) circuit low
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
on Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can !I will try and get the diagnostic troubleshooting for this code for you ! I need the full vin number please ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Fernando I am still here if you need me but I need some information to be able to help further. thanks