Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

2007pete 386, 70" sleeper...No power to the sleeper, HVAC,

Customer Question

2007pete 386, 70" sleeper...No power to the sleeper, HVAC, refrigerator, av plugins, under bunk lights! Is there a relay and where is it located
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Can we start with the full vin number please ? I can look up the wiring diagrams to see for you ! I work for an International dealership and can tell you that it is possible that you have a load shed feature which is a body controller feature that turns off all non - essential electrical until the next time the truck restarts . Have you tried running the engine for a few minutes to see if all power comes back on ?
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this !Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Problem solved! Surge protector in sleeper was fried due to an electrical surge when starter ground wire wore through to hot starter wire

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Oh OK. Good find . Glad to hear you're up and running . Take care .