Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

I have a 2012 model t660 with an isx 15 in it regen light is

Customer Question

I have a 2012 model t660 with an isx 15 in it regen light is on. On the dash but no ecm codes
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! If the soot lamp(regen lamp) is on , then once the engine is at operating temperature, you should be able to perform a parked regeneration . Simply leave unit with park brakes on, do not touch any pedals , and press the parked regeneration switch for 1 second . The engine should begin to ramp up in RPM . This process can take over an hour to complete and then you will be good to go again and the light should be out .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ecm reads everything is good no regen needed all parameters good but light is still on on the dash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Parked regen has been performed by two dealers goes thru cycle but never completed both mechanic's say nothing wrong with engine however light persists
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
OK so no engine codes at all in memory? And when they do the regen, are they letting it go through the entire cycle ? A code would be generated at the end of a regen cycle if something came up during the cycle . They must not cancel out of it and let it continue to the end .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just took it to mhc and there tech said the dpf was full of ash causing the light to stay on however still no ecm codes
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
That could possibly be the cause depending on how old the ecm calibration is because the newer calibrations actually include a code now for dpf being full of ash and needing a cleaning .
He may be right especially if dpf has not been removed or touched in a good 300000 km or so .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Did that resolve your issue ? Hopefully problem is solved ? He would also have to do an aftertreatment reset in the programming to reset the ash load in the ECM .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said ash load was full dpf ia going to be cleaned next week but dash light stays on
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Yeah dash light stays on because dpf is full and dpf pressure sensor is detecting a pressure differential accross the filter because it is full of ash so yes, the light will stay on until it sees less pressure differential accross the dpf . They will also need to do an aftertreatment maintenance reset under advanced ecm data in INSITE .
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this ! Do you still need assistance ? Let me know ! Happy to help further if needed .
Please do not forget to rate my service at the end . That is how I am rewarded on here . Thank you !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the shop currently dunno the status if the regen light was turned off but dpf filter was full of ash
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
They will need to do an after treatment reset to clear the history.