Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Good morning. I have a 2007 cf600 with the vt275 engine. idles

Customer Question

Good morning. I have a 2007 cf600 with the vt275 engine. idles rough, like a missfire and no power on the low end. gets better at higher rpm. had it scanned, PID 164-FMI 10-FLASH CODE 333. Replaced both fuel filters, performed oil change. Injection pressure is same as desired at idle, about 580 psi.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. That fault is for injection control pressure. Low pressure can be cause by a faulty IPR, Leaks in the high pressure rail, Faulty HPOP(pump), Injector O rings. Pressure test the high pressure rail with shop air and listen for leaks under the valve covers. Check the IPR, and ICP sensor and for full HPOP output deadheaded. You should see up to around 4000PSI with the pump deadheaded for a good pump if no leaks are in the system. Let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will pressure test the system when I return to the shop today. Full throttle by scanner, injection pressure under load was close to 4000. The scanner i borrowed was capable of an injector disable test. The results are in a percent of engine load deviation. Not too sure it it helps, but the results are: Cyl 1 7.52%, cyl 2 2.45%, cyl 3 5.64%, cyl 4 2.88%, cyl 5 7.64%, cyl 6 3.99%
Thanks for the info, Verify the fuel and ICP pressures are in specs and there are no leaks or restrictions in the fuel system or ICP system. If ok then your likely cause is likely an injector problem unless you have a compression issue. Let me know
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.