Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I DO ELECTRICAL WORK ON CARS, BUT MY LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT

Customer Question

I DO ELECTRICAL WORK ON CARS, BUT MY LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT HAS PROBLEMS WITH THE AIR PRESSURE FAN CLUTCH NOT ENGAGING WITH THE A/C ON A 01 FL80. I CAN UNPLUG THE SOLENOID AND IT COMES ON.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If the fan clutch engages normally but will not with the AC on then you likely have either a low charge or a faulty pressure switch in the AC circuit. Does the AC cycle normally as it should and have a full charge? What is the engine make and model in this truck?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the compressor is engaging and cuts out when the pressure goes to hi due to the fan not coming on! When the pressure drops the compressor engages again! I can unplug the fan solenoid and the fan runs, A/c cools and head pressure stays normal! It is an 01 fright liner fl80
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My a/c pressure sensors work like they are suppose to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I proved the A/C switches with a voltmeter! Like I said the A/C works like it is suppose to, it drops the compressor when pressure goes too high! The fan not coming on is the reason head pressure is going too high
What make and model engine is in this truck so I can look up what I have for schematics?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
01 Freightliner fl80 engine code 8yL79415
Good Morning. I had a computer crash yesterday and am borrowing a laptop until I can get mine resolved. You have A Cat 3126 model engine. Copy and paste this link in your browser for some schematics I uploaded for you to help.
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nccqq7t27jhautr,h642g09ugt2cgx9,xat0oloofvd1lbt/shared
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.