Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Have an '07 Peterbilt with a 10 spd eaton/fuller tranny and

Customer Question

Have an '07 Peterbilt with a 10 spd eaton/fuller tranny and autoshift. Problem is when driving in wet weather the autoshift will get stuck between gears when shifting up or down. It will show on the shifter panel that it is in neutral and in gear at the same time and the service light flashes. It is actually in neutral and will coast to a stop. If I shut off the ignition and wait approx. 15 minutes, the service light quits flashing, I can restart, and it will shift properly (although sometimes a bit rough) and I can continue down the road. It might be 100 yards or 200 miles before it does it again. where do I look for the problem?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.

Could you get me the trans modal and serial number off trans tag? Please!

Could you post all previous fault codes if you know them?

Did you replace batteries and did you see any eyelet connectors (connected to battery post) and inline fuse holders in battery box?

Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but your request for more info at that time was impossible as the truck was in a repair shop 200 miles away. Could not access the trans model or serial number at that time.

Fault codes were not available to me either.

Of course we checked for voltage problems, and/or wiring connections that could be the problem while inspecting all harnesses for possible breaks, cracks in insulation and fuse problems.

I am afraid this makes my question wasted and the answer of no value.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,
Your voltage checks may have been within specs but unless you load tested wiring you won't find the problem.

intermittent issues can't be diagnosed just checking voltage while problem is not active.

Without trans info I can't give you accurate info on what wires or pins to check.

I have not provided any answer since I don't have all the facts.

Good luck