Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Morning, I have a 2011 Freightliner M2106 w/8.3l L6 towed in

Customer Question

Morning, I have a 2011 Freightliner M2106 w/8.3l L6 towed in SPN 3226- FMI9
SPN1569-FMI31
Check engine light and Stop light are both on won't go over 5mph
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
3226 is the Nox Outlet sensor on the DEF system. It needs to be replaced.It stands for abnormal update rate, no signal is seen from the sensor. Usually when I see this code, I replace the sensor and reset the codes for it to not come back.
1569 is the code that the engine has been derated due to major system code. The 3226 is the cause of this code. Once the NOX sensor is replaced and the codes clear, this one will clear with it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning, Replaced both Nox Sensors on the Muffler cleared codes 2 come back immediately:
SPN 3226-FMI9
SPN 5246-FMI0
Stop engine light and check engine light still both on? What is my next step here?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dan. Thanks for the request. I was unavailable when you posted your question. Since you are getting the 3226 back with a new sensor, thoroughly inspect the harness for problems or damage in the connectors and wiring.
CODE REASON EFFECT
Fault Code: 3712
PID: P105
SPN: 5246
FMI: 0
LAMP: Red
SRT:
Aftertreatment SCR Operator Inducement - Data Valid But Above Normal Operating Range - Most Severe Level. Critical SCR related fault codes have been active for an extended period of time and require immediate attention.
Immediate engine power derate. Vehicle speed will be limited to 8 km [5 miles] per hour.
Correct the first code and this one should go inactive once the repair is made and the other fault is inactive. If not the ECM might need to be reset with the OEM software. Let me know
CODE REASON EFFECT
Fault Code: 2771
PID:
SPN: 3226
FMI: 9
LAMP: Amber
SRT:
Aftertreatment Outlet NOx Sensor - Abnormal Update Rate. No communications or an invalid data transfer rate detected on the J1939 data link between the engine control module and the aftertreatment outlet NOx sensor.
Aftertreatment outlet NOx sensor operation will be disabled.
Possible causes of fault code 33232 include:
The aftertreatment intake NOx sensor is not receiving power from the battery supply circuit in the OEM harness. This can be caused by an open circuit in the power supply wire, malfunctioned NOx sensor fuse, or low voltage supplied by the battery.
Open return circuit on the aftertreatment intake NOx sensor circuit between the battery circuit aftertreatment intake NOx sensor.
Open or short circuit on the J1939 data link circuit between the engine ECM and aftertreatment intake NOx sensor.
Intermittent communications between the aftertreatment intake NOx sensor and the primary engine ECM on the J1939 data link
A malfunctioning engine ECM.
since you already replaced the sensor, check for these items andcorrect this fault first as the other fault occured when this problem was left unattended for a certain period and the ECM finally derated the engine throwing the other code.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.