Andy, Truck Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  International trucks, International, Maxxforce and Cummins engines, diagnostic, electrical, Hvac and refrigeration repairs
30303843

2005 international harvester 7400: I have 2005 dt466 replaced

Customer Question

I have 2005 dt466 replaced cyl 5 and 6 inject replaced injector harness still has misfire cyl5nd6
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Sorry to hear you are having trouble! My name is ***** ***** I would like to try and help if I can ! Can we start with the last 8 digits of the vin number please ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vin.5j043178
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks . Do you have any codes coming up ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f526i7b69ifw887/How%20to%20check%20codes%20three%20digit.txt?dl=0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only codes is dtc 147 but when I do injector buzz test injectors 5 nd 6 do not buzz.but doesnt trip a code
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
OK I will look up that code but I have had this before . You may be looking at an IDM problem .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the idm with a bottom kit if I move the no. 5 cyl injector wire too another cyl ie cyl 4 it will activate the cyl but not cyl .no 5
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Ihanks for the info. I am currently at work but will dig deeper into this as soon a as I get home today. Have you load tested the wiring for the I'm relay to be sure it's getting enough power from the batteries ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes changed batterys have good power cleared all codes idm relay has good power no corrosion anywere
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
147 CKP
Incorrect CKP signal signature
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok what should I do know y would a cause injectors not too fire on 2 cyl.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
147 CKP
Incorrect CKP signal signature
The CKP sensor provides the ECM with a signal that indicates crankshaft speed and position. As the crankshaft turns the CKP sensor detects a 60 tooth timing disk on the crankshaft. Teeth 59 and 60 are missing. By comparing the CKP signal with the CMP signal, the ECM calculates engine rpm and timing requirements. The CKP is installed in the top left side of the flywheel housing.
The sensor produces pulses for each tooth edge that passes it. Crankshaft speed is derived from the frequency of the CKP sensor signal. The crankshaft position is determined by synchronizing the SYNC tooth with the SYNC gap signals from the target disk. From the CKP signal frequency, the ECM can calculate engine rpm and timing requirements. Diagnostic information on the CKP input signal is obtained by performing accuracy checks on frequency, and duty cycle with software strategies.
NOTE: The long CKP sensor, used with International® DT 466, DT 570, and HT 570 diesel engines, is the Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor used with other International® diesel engines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my 2 problem injectors will not click like the other 4 injectors during the key on engine off test with the lab top it has new injector wiring harness and the under valve cover harness
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
DTC 147
Incorrect CKP signal signature
DTC 147 is set by the ECM when the CKP signal has too few or many transitions per engine rotation.
DTC 147 can be set due to an electrical noise in the CKP circuit or a failed CKP sensor.
Has code 147 been active at all ? Or have you unplugged the crankshaft position sensor at any time recently ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not code set When I Started The engine an ran it too do
Injector cutout test.
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Ok so if the code becam active then we should troubleshoot that code :
DTC 147
Incorrect CKP signal signature
Sensor and Circuit Resistance Check (Check with breakout box connected [X1 only] to engine harness only and CKP sensor connected. Disconnect chassis connector 9260 Connector 9260 is a 2-wire connector usually located in the battery box. Pin A is the chassis ground connection for the ECM and IDM. Refer to truck Chassis Electrical Circuit Diagram Manual for complete chassis side ECM and IDM ground circuit information. . Inspect for bent pins or corrosion. Note: Set DMM to 4 kΩ range.)
Test Point
Spec
Comment
X1-1 to X1-2
800 Ω to 1 kΩ
Resistance through sensor and complete circuit. If not within spec, do Sensor Resistance Check. If in spec, check for short to ground or open within wiring.
X1-1 to Pin A (9260)
800 Ω to 1 kΩ
Sensor Resistance Check (Disconnect harness from sensor. Note: Test point to sensor only.)
1 to 2
800 Ω to 1 kΩ
If within spec, check for short to ground or open within wiring.
If not within spec, replace sensor.
Connector Resistance Checks to ECM Chassis Ground (Turn the ignition switch to OFF. Disconnect harness from sensor. Disconnect chassis connector 9260 .)
X1-1 to Pin A (9260)
> 1 kΩ
If < 1 kΩ, check for short to ground within wiring harness.
X1-2 to Pin A (9260)
5 kΩ, check for open circuit within wiring harness.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sow that code can cause injectors at cyl no.5 and no.6 not too click when I do the key on engine off injector test
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Not sue but if the code came active , we should troubleshoot that code first !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! How did we make out with the troubleshooting ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was not able too work on unit today will try too tomorow
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Oh Ok ! Have a good evening and good luck !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update !Do you still need help ? Let me know !
Please do not forget to rate my service to you at the end ! This is the only way I am rewarded on here at all ! Thank you !
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ! Looking for an update on this! Do you still need help ? Let me know ! Happy to assist further if needed ! Thanks.
Please do not forget to rate my service at the end though . That is the only way that I am rewarded at all on here . Thank you .