Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a 2006 Pete 387. 1.2 million miles and the c-15 acert is worn out.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Pete 387. 1.2 million miles and the c-15 acert is worn out. I am considering an in frame....cat offers a platinum with a four year warranty. Is this the right path in your opinion? And I would like to know how I know that I chose an good rebuilder. Leaning towards mid America peterbilt, offallon, mo...... Or yancy in northern Georgia.
I went to a cat dealer for diagnoses, but wasn't too impressed with the attent my truck received from them. Although they might be good. Or is there a better/efficient option to get motor on the road again. I just don't know......... Thanks
***** *****
For $46 how about 2 questions....... Looking to buy a 2006 volvo 780vnl. With a d12
Engine...... The EGR has been removed. Can I drive this? Will. Be able to get it serviced? How would you go about putting one back on.
Thanks again
St. Louis, mo
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.
Yes I would recommend the platinum kit. It's the best value. I would recommend having a Cat dealer perform the rebuild. The reason is if you have any warranty issues at all after the rebuild you will have no problems. I have seen rebuilds done by non Cat dealers and then have warranty issues.
The Volvo truck you are looking at is a good truck. You can't beat the comfort of a volvo. If the EGR has been removed. It should also give better service.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey.
I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks!