Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a code op idle short to ground coming up, i have a

Customer Question

I have a code op idle short to ground coming up, i have a 2000 freightline 500 det
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Please post the complete code numbers you have and I will decipher them for you and some troubleshooting steps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code 74
Thanks for the info.
Flash Code 74 indicates that the park brake digital input is shorted to ground between the vehicle interface harness connector and one of the switches (park brake switch, neutral switch, hood switch or optional OEM interlock). ?
If this code is inactive, it may indicate that the vehicle moved during optimized idle operation or that two consecutive engine start attempts were not successful.
Flash Code 74 may also indicate that the relay coil is open or is shorted (causing the unsuccessful engine start).
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.