Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I'd 232 can bus problem on display of 6700

Customer Question

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Let me know what engine make and model this is. If you have the Cummins here is the code information.
CODE REASON EFFECT
Fault Code: 352
PID: S232
SPN: 1079
FMI: 4/4
LAMP: Amber
SRT:
Sensor Supply Voltage Number 1 Circuit - shorted low. Low voltage detected at sensor supply Number 1 circuit.
Engine will run derated.
Circuit Description
The sensor supply voltage Number 1 of the electronic control module (ECM) provides (+) 5 volt supply for the barometric pressure sensor, engine oil pressure sensor, and fuel pump pressure sensor on the engine harness. This +5 volt supply also powers two optional OEM devices. The two devices are digital vehicle speed sensor and remote accelerator sensor.
Component Location
The sensor supply Number 1 is located in the ECM. The supply voltage is spliced off in the engine and OEM harness to each sensor it supports.
Shop Talk
Low voltage on the (+) 5 volt supply line can be caused by a short circuit to ground in a supply line, a short circuit between a supply line and a return line, a failed sensor, or a failed ECM power supply.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.