Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

My Hino 268 truck had the ignition left on days undetected

Customer Question

My Hino 268 truck had the ignition left on for 3 days undetected now starter will not engage gear indicator lights not on. It seems to have plenty of battery but won't crank starter
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if question went through you told me 8 minutes wait time it's been almost 2 hours is this working?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Did you get it going? What is the battery voltage measured with voltmeter. Do not go by just turning on lights. Battery is likely too low to engage the starter solenoid. Has to be over 12.5 volts for nay chance of start. fully charged would be over 13 volts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Curtis I had it towed to a repair shop and they found a bad fuse I couldn't wait . Thanks
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply!