Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I have a 2004 Detroit 14 Liter Engine, ddec v. I want to get

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Detroit 14 Liter Engine, ddec v. I want to get the latest diagnostics/service/reprogramming tool and software. What are the best tools and software out there? I see Detroit has DiagnosticLink 8.02 standard or professional software that comes with DRS/DDRS and DDDL, and then there's the Nexiq prolink IQ scan tool that comes seperate with the software, which would be better to get? I want to be able to do the most I can with the ECM/engine, what the pros use basically.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. No matter what you purchase there will be some parameters you will not be able to access as it requires dealer level software unfortunately. You will not be able to reflash the software or change certain settings or parameters but as far as calibrations, live data and fault codes, etc you will be able to use and change the customer parameters. Copy and paste this link in your browser for more information. This is where you will go to see the maximum you will be able to pay for a yearly subscription through Detroit. anyone else claiming to offer more access is selling illegal versions and access codes so beware of this. The ability to program and reflash ECM software is only granted to Detroit approved businesses. It is not frequent you will need to do this and is relatively inexpensive to have an ECM reflashed. Let me know if you need more help
https://diagnosticlink.nexiq.com/DTNA/Default.aspx