Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technician turned service manager on multiple lines of trucks and engines, used in industry.
30244710

Im trying to chat with you regarding an open question I have

Customer Question

Im trying to chat with you regarding an open question I have that was wrongfully placed This is crazy and confusing therefore, I have no clue because I seem to be lost within the Just Answer system
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
help troubleshoot auto floor scrubber 24v will not move forward. all other components working
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I see no other question with your login on it! What is the problem? I may be able to help, or we can find someone who can! Floor scrubber. You say it won't go forward? Will it go in reverse? Is this a rider model? Do you have a voltmeter to test voltage to the drive motor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** an electrical issue with my auto floor scrubber (Clarke Alto encore L2426) it will not move forward however reverse works and when i reverse the wires at the trans-axle the wheels move in the forward direction. I just replaced the traverse motor cotrol
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If this would be better addressed by phone my cell is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
I'm no expert on floor scrubbers, but on the typical electric unit, the f/r switch is the first thing to check on them. Can you reverse the leads at the f/r switch? If problem swaps directions, then you know the switch is bad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can and have swapped the wires at the f/r switch and control board but forward drags. Also I have two f/r switches therefore, I don't think they are both bad
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I check the solenoid to verify that they are good as well as the new control board. I didn't want to damage the traverse control
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
You say forward drags? You don't have a brake that is dragging in forward? Typical brake, trys to lock in forward, but lets loose in reverse direction. Only way I know to check the solenoid is to swap them around.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, my unit was not equipped with a brake, can I by pass the fuse by connecting them together without damaging anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When you say swap them around I don't follow you on that. please forgive me for my lack of understanding.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
Solenoids are identical? You would change location , from one to the other, to see if problem changes with solenoid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a 4 post on the negative side and a 6 post on the positive side. Also a bridge rectifier using only the DC side
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 years ago.
So they can't be swapped. Do they get voltage and make a magnet? That would check the coils.