Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

I am having an electrical issue with a 2006 is Izuzu the

Customer Question

Hi I am having an electrical issue with a 2006 is Izuzu the blinkers when you turn them on causes the flasher relay to click button no lights turn on The dashboard blinker symbols don't light up either I was thinking The blinker switch but it causes the relay to turn on so that's why I didn't think it was that Let me know what you think thank you !!
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the blinker flasher/relay itself at fault.I have seen this fail on several other models in the past before and had to replace it.If this has not been checked to see if this is the cause here this needs done.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much for getting back to me I haven't looked back into it yet but I went to the auto parts store and try to find a relay that matches up and when I put it in there it started spazzing out buzzing constantly are they special relays? I'm going to have to order from Izuzu?
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay as I was off line the last few days.
You want to make sure you have the correct part number relay as the incorrect relay will cause this here and I have also seen the incorrect relay even damage other electronics in the vehicle and had to replace them as well.You might check with a dealer to get the correct relay and then try it and see if it corrects this here.
Thanks Pete