Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  Performed various automotive repairs on several light duty and medium duty vehicles over 15 years of service.
14928985

DEF Low level red light blinking even it has 3/4 fuel level.

Customer Question

DEF Low level red light blinking even it has 3/4 fuel level. Check engine light on and red check engine on. Can't pick up RPM. Truck won't shut off even key is out of ignition. Any ideas?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
From what you have described here this sounds like a possible internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before and had to replace it for issues like this here.I would have this switch tested to see if this is the cause here for sure and replaced if found to be the fault.You may also have a DEF fluid level sensor failure needing replaced as this can be common on allot of models.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's not the problem. Sending unit is good and ignition switch is good as well
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I apologize for the delay as I was off line the last few days.
Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all to see what codes are setting with this issue here?
Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's not it. But never mind truck is at dealership
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
O.k.,if there is anything else I can help out with here let me know.
Thanks Pete