Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Where can I buy an oil cap and spout Cummins QSX 15 engine?

Customer Question

Where can I buy an oil cap and spout for a Cummins QSX 15 engine? On the part there are (3) numbers shown on the cast part itself. They are 20809776, 20808094, and(###) ###-####. This part fits into the hose and has an orange cap that goes on it. I need one now and may need 30-40 per year. I need an answer ASAP. Thank you
Pat Stone
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat. My name is***** will be glad to try to help and steer you in the right direction. The casting numbers will not help in a lot of cases to match them to any part numbers. What you need is the engine serial number and cpl number for any Cummins distributor to look up the actual Cummins part numbers for the oil fill cap and spout/tube. Any truck shop that sells Cummins parts can order these for you or you can use an online distributor if you prefer. Copy and paste this link in your browser. Let me know
http://www.cumminspartsdirect.com/cummins-isx-and-qsx-engine-parts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This helps me not at all. I already knew this info. I don't always have the serial number for it will be different for each machine we place into our equipment. Are you telling me you change the oil cap and spout tube on every QSX15 engine you make? I don't believe that. You can keep the money, I don't want the service, but this was useless. I'm not trying to be mean, but even an idiot like me knew this. I need a source for this particular part on a regular basis as I stated, and you didn't answer my question. I'll figure it out. Not happy at all.
I have been a technician for many years and that is how Cummins identifies and looks up the parts on each engine, by engine serial number and CPL (Certified Parts list). You can have the same model engine in a different application which may require a different oil fill tube for space requirements. So to get the correct one this is how it will need to be looked up. If they are all the same that you will be ordering you will at the very least have to do this once to get the Cummins part numbers for the parts. Now once you have that part number you can choose your supplier that best suits your needs or pricing. If you provide me one engine model,CPL, and serial number that is needed to get the Cummins part numbers for these parts I can get you the actual part numbers. I have to do the same when I order parts for Cummins engines to be sure to get the correct parts. It is just how it is. The engine block, head, and hard parts can be the same but the outter bolt on accessories will differ depending on the application the engine is installed in. Let me know the information I need to get you those part numbers and I can help you better answer your question. This is what you asked and therefore I need to find the Cummins part numbers to give you an answer. To do that I need the engine numbers I requested.
"Where can I buy an oil cap and spout for a Cummins QSX 15 engine? On the part there are (3) numbers shown on the cast part itself. They are 20809776, 20808094, and(###) ###-####. This part fits into the hose and has an orange cap that goes on it. I need one now and may need 30-40 per year. I need an answer ASAP. Thank you"