Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Truck Certified.
30708357

I have a c15 that is missing on one cylinder and smoking.

Customer Question

i have a c15 that is missing on one cylinder and smoking. It started immeaditly after coasting down a hill with jakes on. From forum, think it may be the jakes, if s, what is the fix.
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question and requesting me. I will try and help you out.
Yes I agree. It's most likely a stuck jake. I have seen this before. The easiet way to verify is to have a cylinder cut out test performed to determine which cylinder is miss firing. Then move the jake housing to another cylinder. If the miss follows the housing. The jake housing is the problem. If the miss stays on the cylinder. You have either a failed injector or cylinder problem like a valve not sealing.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hey.
I just wanted to see how things were going. Please let me know if you need more help. I am happy to assist. If my information was helpful, please leave a good or higher rating so that I receive credit. Thanks!