Wayne, Journeyman
Experience:  worked on, Gmc, Macks, Freight liner,Mercedes Benz,,Ford, sterling
6825259

I have a c4500 duramax with an Allison trans. My trans light

Customer Question

I have a c4500 duramax with an Allison trans. My trans light came on and when we drop the pan, there was some mild clutch material on the magnet. It was very fine, no actual metal shavings. The color of the fluid looked normal not dark at all and there was no burnt smell to it either. When hooking it up to the comp it said the two codes were for the electrical harness and temperature according to the mechanic. He recommended rebuilding the transmission $4400.00. Truck has 109,000 miles. What do you think?
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this That little miles I would not have it rebuilt, I would repair the fault codes, If this helped you, Please rate my answer IfIf Not, Please USE REPLY BUTTON FOR MORE INFO
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Hi
I'm just following up with you
did my answer help you