Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Truck/Bus Technician
Experience:  ASE Med/HD Truck Technician, NATEF Diesel Engines and Electrical/Electronics Technician, EPA 608/609 HVAC Certified, Steering/Suspension and ABS/Brakes Technician
9290743

I retrive code 14 on my dash do u have any advice how to put

Customer Question

I retrive code 14 on my dash do u have any advice how to put it in a gear again and how serious this fault is
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Code 14 is Invalid Shift Lever Voltage. There is a fault in the shifter itself. Go here to page 2-21 to diagnose the issue for that. What is basically happening is the transmission can't see what position the shifter is in. Because of the, it doesn't know if you are in Reverse, Neutral, or one of the Drive gears. The transmission can't see the shifter and the shifter test has failed. Ir won't allow you to shift until the code is reset and if it comes back, the sifter itself or the harness has a short. Usually it is the shifter itself.