cumminsdr
cumminsdr, Mechanic
Experience:  All types of Cummins applications
28984014

In Liberia Africa have a 855 cummins on a 350 kW gen replaced

Customer Question

In Liberia Africa have a 855 cummins on a 350 kW gen replaced two pistons complete rings and rod bearings need to set injectors and valves have a feeler gauge .011 for intake & .023 for exhaust but I don't have a in/lb torque wrench or dail caliper so my question is how to best set injectors
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, if i recall it is a 6 inch lb tool for setting, I can recheck my manual tonight. If your not going to be able to locate those tools, its going to be using your judgement based on 6 inch lbs using a screwdriver. Let me see if I have more info tonight, or there is a dr. cummings on this site that possible may assit you better.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I would be more than happy to assist you today. The 6 inch lb tool should be used but you can do it this way too. I would set them then get the tool to recheck after some run time and reset to 6 inlbs.and recheck the valve lash ---Turn injector adjusting screw down half turn after rocker contacted the injector to seat the push tube and squeeze all the oil out, back off to loose and turn back until it just contacted the injector plunger and add a little bititty turn, just past zero lash setting. You can also count the threads exposed on the injectors you did not change if appicibal
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need more assistance. Please don't forget to rate my service.
I see cummings dr is on top of this so I will opt out, thanks.
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need more assistance. Please don't forget to rate my service
Expert:  cumminsdr replied 1 year ago.
Please don't forget to rate my service