Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

I ran an over head on my 2007 d16 vectro I did it according

Customer Question

I ran an over head on my 2007 d16 vectro I did it according to the service paper I have but it will not crank it sounds like the compretion is off what could the be
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  dieseldan55 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, so you have a Volvo d16 engine and you went through the valve procedure adjustments correct. Is it possible you adjusted backwards on cylinder alignment? Which cylinder were you using as number 1?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the farthest from the fly wheel

okay thanks for that info, that should be correct. Did you go back and recheck the adjustments as well as the bridge adjustments?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went back over the intake and exaust and the injctors not sure if I know what u mean by bridge adjustment

between the two valves is a metal bridge. with an adjustment screw. usually on the exhaust side. DOes the engine freewheel or spin faster than normal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it doesn't freewheel but it sounds off like its not firing or has no compression there are adjustment screws on the exhaust side but there was nothing about how to set them on the paper I have

What is the model of your d16, I have h and j model info. I can paste some info later tonight if that helps. DO you see any smoke out the exhuast indicating unburn fuel, or if removing the air cleaner do you hear any popping nois back into the intake possibly compression backfeeding through an unseated valve.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says vnl 780 the model num is d16d535 the serial num is d16*011618*d1*ah its not smoking and I hear no popping it sounds flat like it has nothing hitting I would really appreciate any print outs u could give me on it also would u have any info on adjusting the bridge

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

also would you have any info on adjusting the bridge

ok I will load what I have tonight when I return from the field. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank u very much

see if these help from my manual.