Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

Can t find vim any were on f650 2003 fault code

Customer Question

can t find vim any were on f650 2003 fault code for no communication between trans engine also  had  code  pid u2105

Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. The VIM on the F650's is two fuses either in the battery box or beside the transmission TCM. Look for a blown fuse and corrosion and shorted connections in the harness. Allison controls use a 10 amp fuse which is what you will be looking for and the other will likely be for the engine ECM. sometimes they rub through where the harness goes across the rear of the engine as well. Inspect all the connector pins to the ECM and TCM for corrosion and clean your battery cables and all grounds between the batteries and starter. Let me know . Copy and paste this link in your browser for the codes list.

http://www.equipementsdelfosse.com/data/otc/genisys/FAULTCODEBOOK.pdf