Toby
Toby, Owner/Operator
Experience:  Owned Operated Maintained MCI buses for over 25 years. Very knowledgable on Series A thru D
3489269

1999 peterbilt 379 with n14 cumminspush start button will

1999 peterbilt 379 with n14 cummins push start button will not always engage starter.sometimes you pust the start button and you can hear a click behind the dash but wont start,sometimes it will start.basically im wanting a wiring diagram for the starter system

Hello
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to try and answer your problem today. I will do my best to research and solve your issue.

Well either something is going on with the ignition switch or the starter solenoid

Here is the wiring diagram click here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when it doesnt start i have tried jumping wires on push button with same result,only a click.

when it doesnt start i use a jumper wire to jump the post on the starter solenoid to start.does this still mean the starter solenoid could be bad

Yes it does I would change the solenoid