Tman, International Dealer Tech
Experience:  2.5 yrs Honda Silver level Tech, 4 yrs CNG alternative fuels, 14 yrs General Diesel, Master Certified International Dealer Tech, Cummins Certified

We have a 2007 International 4300 DT466 Diesel that is locked

We have a 2007 International 4300 DT466 Diesel that is locked after changing the fuel filter. We have primed with button- sprayed 3 cans. Truck will run on spray but not itself...
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  Tman replied 3 years ago.

Tman :

Hi, there

Tman :

I could help you with this, please provide the last 8 of the VIN.

Tman :

The problem can be fairly simple or impossibly hard, but if what happened was engine ran fine, fuel filter was the only thing changed the system most likely has air in it. There should be a shrader vavle, looks like a bicycle tire valve stem on the fuel housing. This is used to bleed any air that got into the lines out. The primer should start to feel harder to pump as fuel makes it's way to the head. If not you either have a lot of air in the system, a bad primer or rubber check ball. I would start with that first and see what you get.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By the time someone replied- we already had it running. And the answer given - is kinda the same thing as I mentioned in the question- just more detailed info....

But can you tell me how to reset the oil change light?

Expert:  Tman replied 3 years ago.

Set parkbrake

Turn the key on

Turn the cruise on

Turn the cruise off

Turn the cruise on

Very rapidly push the resume switch four times and then hold down on the fifth time for four seconds.

The "Change Oil" message should clear from the odometer window.

The operation from the time the cruise is turned on for the second time to the fifth activation of the resume switch must take place within six seconds. If you fail to reset the message then repeat the process.