go-west.., Technician
Experience:  Technican with 20 years experience focused on engines and electrical.

I have an 09 Freightliner Cascadia with a Detroit 60 series

I have an '09 Freightliner Cascadia with a Detroit 60 series engine. I just got fault code 51d 254. All three lights came on...check, stop, and mil. I stopped, shut off truck. Checked the usual fluids, belts and so forth. Everything looks fine. I started back up and only mil light is on now. I got it to a safe haven, but in doing so it ate an 1/8 of a tank of fuel, 25 gals, to go 43 miles. The code book is so confusing, but might it be the fuel pump, ecm, or egr? Please help
can I get that full fault code ? should be like 128 sid 254 fmi 3,let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I'm sorry. The complete code is chs 216 Sid 254.

this code is for the sam computer on your truck and not the engine,is there any other codes ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yea I figured it was a computer issue. The darn thing codes and the next day I no longer have cel, sel, or mil on. A pain in my butt. It seems to have resolved itself. Again.