spankyjr1, Journeyman
Experience:  I worked on all types of equipment semis,forklifts,farm,ect.

Kenworth K100: Im wiring a trailer brake box to my semi so

I'm wiring a trailer brake box to my semi so I can haul my gooseneck trailers with it. Where is the brake switch located on a 1989 cab over Kenworth K100?
Hi I will help with your problem Please do not rate until all your questions are answered that way you wont have to pay twice Use reply to expert link.

There is more then one brake light switch, and to give you the correct one are you going to have a separate lever for trailer brakes, or is it going to work off the foot brake?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's going to work off the foot brake.
Then use the one off the foot brake, if you don't have one, there is a port for one, just put in out port.
Otherwise you would have to tap in off of the turn signal switch,that switch is the one that separates turn and brake for rear of tractor,and trailer, turn and brake combination.
How many lights are you putting on trailer or how many are there?
Is the brake light going to be separate from turn, or is it going to be two different lights?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The Only wire not hooked up is the wire from the brake control box that hooks into te brake pedal switch. It'd a red wire. All the signal wires and tail markers work.
Okay, That means it needs a power source, and the system on truck uses ground wire, so you have to install one ether on brake valve, and run a separate power source with a two wire normally open switch, or tap into turn signal switch wires, so it is easier to wire in a new brake light switch.
Get a two wire switch, normally open, and install on out port of brake valve,then run a power wire from any power source that has power all the time like to battery,then hook that power wire to one side of new switch, and your red wire to controller to the other one, and you will then have brakes lights.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks so much for helping me out. This is the answer that I needed and would have never come up with.

Your welcome, have a great day and if you ever need anything else ask for me and I will get to you asap Thanks again spanky