sevn103, Journeyman
Experience:  dealer mechanic for over 14 yrs.

i have cummins insite program. how do i increase my horsepower

Customer Question

i have cummins insite program. how do i increase my horsepower for a M11. would like max power
Category: Medium and Heavy Trucks
Expert:  sevn103 replied 4 years ago.
You would need cummins insiite pro, which is dealer access, as well as incal disc to get new calibration. If you don't have those you will not be able to do this on your own. If you do have these give me your engine serial number and I can get your new calibration codes and what horse you can go to.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how do i get old incal discs for the older emissions programming? eng serial number#

35079726, CM 570

Expert:  sevn103 replied 4 years ago.
Incal discs cover all engines old and new, if you do buy one stay away from older discs. They do expire try to get a newwer disc and let me know what month you get so I can get you the proper code. Do you have insite pro?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes i have cummins insite, in power pro, and cal term 3. Just got them and now am unsure of the process and how to reprogram truck. would the old Incal files not be better for less emissions?
Expert:  sevn103 replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean by power pro? I am asking about what level access you have in insite, where did you get insite from? And how did you register it? Also what do you mean cal term 3 where did you get this from? It's always best to use the new calibrations from incal as the bugs if any have been worked out. Also what adapter do you have to connect to truck? You will need cummins inline to program and depending on your chassis year you may need to bench program
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have Cummins Insite with pro level, and have a Cummins Inline 5 adapter, have all insite manuals on disk already. Have InPower Pro-V8.0. Cummins Calterm III has base modules in it, but you are saying to find Incal disks so the calterm i have is useless then?
Expert:  sevn103 replied 4 years ago.
If you could actually get a programmer or engineer that writes the programs than you'd be able to use the calterm 3 to adjust your calibration. I have had dfse's that had it and didnt know how to make certain adjustments. Best bet to up the horsepower is to recalibrate the ecm with INCAL disc.