Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

When I was 13 years old I broke my left collar bone and I'm

Customer Question

When I was 13 years old I broke my left collar bone and I'm 20 now. 4 days ago I awoke with a sharp pain in the same area as my collar bone and I'm having the same pain still today. it hurts when ever I breath or do certain movements but I still have full mobility of it.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: ive had it now for 4 days and nothing really makes it better the only thing that makes it worse is any type of pressure or lifting
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: broken collar bone, I smoke if that makes a difference
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Whenever there are bone breaks; soft tissues too are broken with them. These heal by the scarring which are inelastic tissue and get easily strained and sprained. Your symptoms are suggestive of it and would respond to following;

1) application of sprayed vapocoolant

2) physical therapy

3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation

4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray

5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)

6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points

7) massage

8) steroid shots

9) acupuncture.

You may get a xray of the area, to confirm it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.