Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Creatinine level in blood is 3.0 and gravity flow is very

Customer Question

creatinine level in blood is 3.0 and gravity flow is very low. this has increased in last 6 months when creatinine was 1.6. Kidney US done last month shows small fatty cyst in right kidney. Can this cause the increase in lab results. I have no c/o's. Doctor going by lab results only. What can cause lab abnormality?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Great, I am 77 years old, urine flow good, no blood noted. I have had enlarge prostate in past but was told this was normal size for his age. I have no pain nor swelling any where.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: B/P normal, takes Metoprolol 12.5 mg BID, Famotidine 20 mg BID, Xanax 0.5 mg BID, plus Fish Oil, CQ10, ASA 81 mg, Red Yeast Rice, and Vitamin D daily. Had pacer maker put in June 27, 2016 for pulse rate in the 40's
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Small fatty kidney cyst is a normal harmless finding. This will not cause rise in creatinine.
Creatinine level can rise due to the dehydration or lack of adequate fluid intake commonly.
Also large prostate gland can sometimes cause obstruction to urine flow which can raise creatinine level.
As long as your creatinine level remains stable, you do not need to worry.
A kidney specialist also can be consulted with.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-basu/