Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My husband had a stent put in through his arm. My question

Customer Question

My husband had a stent put in through his arm. My question is how much weight can he safely lift or apply with the hand/arm that was used? In other words what are safe restrictions?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: He had an episode that caused his brother to send him to the hospital where they found a 90% blockage in one of his arteries to the heart. His transportation right now is a trike/motorcycle. I'm concerned as he is out of state.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: His feet seem to be numb but the left hand that was having numbness is now a lot better.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 13 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how long ago was it?