Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My 7 year old daughter started throwing up 2 days ago. She

Hi, My 7 year old daughter started throwing up 2 days ago. She stopped throwing up as of yesterday morning but then she developed a low grade fever (101.2). This morning, she started to complain of pain in her neck. I thought that maybe she had slept on it wrong so i put a heating pad on it for about an hour. Now it appears that there is a rash on her neck (the back of her neck) although the pain has lessened. The rash is about 3 inches tall and and inch or two wide and it is pink but with 4 or 5 white (or skin colored) circles. The skin is not raised.
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: She had a ruptured appendix almost 3 months ago and was in the hospital for 5 days. The heating pad seemed to ease the pain. She is VERY afraid of going back to the hospital so I can't be sure I'm getting an accurate pain assessment at this time.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a photo of the rash if that helps. It's a weird skin discoloration, pink with white circles and doesn't itch. Skin is not raised. She said it hurt when she raised her left hand to the back of her neck.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Please upload a pic of the rash here.
Fever and painful rash do suggest some type of infection.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I'm starting to wonder if this wasn't from the heating pad...I made sure it wasn't too hot and she said it felt ok when I put it on her but maybe this is because of it.

Thanks for the picture.
Yes this can be from heating pad.
The pain is likely due to the neck muscle strain commonly sustained from faulty sleeping position.
Also dehydration from fever and vomiting can make muscle more tired prone for strain.
This likely viral infection.
Tylenol, fluids, rest should be helpful.
Ibuprofen also may be used as stronger anti inflammatory.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/