The Physician
The Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Versatile Emergency Physician, 20 years experience as a Physician.
37289694

I have a lump on my neck, No no other symptoms, I only have

I have a lump on my neck
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: No no other symptoms
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I only have b12 defiency

Welcome to Justanswer.com. I am an Emergency physician with over 25 years miultidisciplinary experience. I am going to be your expert in this question.
However, I would like a few more information
​Which part of your neck do you have the lump?.

Is it painful when you touch?

When did it come to your attention?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
About 4 weeks ago and not painful and at the front slightly to the left of my wind pipe

That is a Sebacious cyst

Sebaceous glands are oil-producing glands present in the skin. Sebaceous glands are usually attached to hair follicles and are part of a complex skin-adnexal unit known as the folliculo-apocrine (sweat) complex or apparatus.

The glands are present over the entire body, with the exception of the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet. Occasionally the ducts may become blocked (the small dark spot) in your lump, and this allows sebum an oily secretin to accumulate forming a cyst. (Almost same as acne)

It can get bigger if you keep squeezing and may become infected.

Treatment is simple, and involve an incision to completely express the gland and con be done in an Office. It expressed a very smelly whitish liquid of semisolid substance. But It heals with minimal scaring

Thank you for making it Justanswer.com.

Please remember to click the accept button and rate me before you close. If there are any other clarification you would like, please let us know.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Do I need to see a doctor or will this go away on it's own?

unfortunately, it can shrink a little, but wont go away, unless the sebum evacuates from it. This is best done in a controlled way by a doctor to avoid scar (especially in the facial area)

So yes you need to see a doctor or any skin professional experienced in it. It is not an emergency, as it can not cause any somplication except if it gets infected