Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Second opinion] i have a high fever, i cannot breath

Customer Question

Second opinion] i have a high fever
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: i cannot breath properly at the moment
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Since when do you have fever? How high is it? What investigations were done and what medications were prescribed by your doctor? What other symptoms do you have (such as sore throat, burning urination, diarrhea, chest pain, cough, or headache)? How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a fever since yesterday. It's 95, I have been taking ibuprofen and Tylenol. I also have a sore throats and I kind of feel dizzy. Hard to breath as well. I have experienced some chest pain as well. I'm 20

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

You are having a throat infection. This can cause the sore throat and dizziness. Having fever, sore throat, and dizziness is not an emergency, and this can be treated at home. In adults a fever of 102 F or higher is concerning.

Your dizziness is likely due to dehydration. You should drink plenty of water.

In addition to medications, gargling with warm salt water which is prepared by combining 8 oz of warm water with 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 or 2 tablespoons of corn syrup or honey will be soothing. Commercial products such as Chloraseptic may also be used with good results. A throat spray may help, and this will be available in your local pharmacy.
You should also suck on lozenges or hard candy; these will soothe the sore throat.
Sucking on ice pops will also help.
Drinking warm liquids, such as lemon tea or tea with honey will also reduce the pain.
If available you may also use a vaporizer or humidifier since this will moisten and soothe a dry and painful throat. Alternatively you can sit for several minutes in a steamy bathroom.
Your symptoms are likely to show improvement in a few days.

However, if they do not improve, then you should consult your doctor, since this may be due to a bacterial infection, and you may require an antibiotic.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I actually have severe stomach pain. Does that include it?
And I have missed my period too. The headaches cannot stop as well

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

The severe stomach pain is not included in the upper respiratory tract infection symptoms. However, the infection can cause headache.

Where is the pain in the abdomen? Since when do you have it? Is it a burning type of pain? Is it continuous or occurs occasionally? Any urinary symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The pain is in the lower abdomen to the left. I had it since yesterday. It's not a burning type of pain, but it hurts a lot. It's a continuous type of pain. I get so dizzy when I get up and feel like throwing up. I don't have any urinary symptoms. I breath hardly.

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

In this case the pain is likely to be due to diverticulitis, which is a serious condition requiring emergency treatment. You should go to the emergency or urgent care clinic since you require antibiotics for treatment. Please do not delay and get immediate medical attention.

Take care.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does that hur the baby? Is it that seriou?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

If treated immediately, it will not cause any problems to the baby. But, if untreated it can cause serious complications.

Take care.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My heart is beating so fast. Is that normal?

This is due to the fever. It is expected in a fever for the heart rate to increase.

Take care.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is taking lots of drugs a reason for all of these symptoms?

The drugs are unlikely to be the reason for the fever or severe continuous pain in left lower abdomen. This is likely to be due to an infection which needs antibiotic treatment.

Take care.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a concern, I have been in sleeping pills dive 2 months and I have been drinking a lot in these two months. But I going out I was pregnant 3 weeks ago. Does this have negative effects on the baby?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since*
I found out*

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

This is a separate question. Please accept additional service offer.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is taking sleeping pills and drinking dangerous for the baby