Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I think i took an Allegra D 12 hour tablet at 6 oclock

Customer Question

I think i took an Allegra D 12 hour tablet at 6 oclock tonight then again at 10:30 tonight forgetting that I took it at 6. What do I do now? is this a big problem for me now?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: no problems yet...just think that's a lot of medicine
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: none...not allergic to anything
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am a type 2 diabetic don't need meds
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. However let me reassure you that you are likely to be fine and not suffer from any severe effects because of using the drug after 4 hours instead of 12 hours. You should remain fine and the only thing that you need to do at the moment is to wait until 12 pm tomorrow to take the next dose. In addition monitor yourself for any side effects such as
Excessive drowsiness
Rapid heart beat
Irregular heart beat
Sweating
Shortness if breath
Chest pain
Dizziness
LightheadednessBut in most cases you should not experience Any side effects at all and you should be fine.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated are compensated for helping you today