Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Anytime I work and put pressure on my skin or body, later on

Customer Question

Anytime I work and put pressure on my skin or body , later on it becomes swollen and inflammed. For example I got a back massage, and while it felt good originally, hours later I was in intense pain, my entire back was swollen, red, and itched like crazy. I believe its some type of autoimmune thing, cuz when I put benadryl on affected areas it helps.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 days ago.

As blood vessels and capillaries swell with more oxygenated blood to meet the demand, pressure is exerted on the receptors and the brain mistakenly interprets these signals as itching. This may be limited to one area of the body, such as the thighs, or may involve the entire body. Massage is noted for being able to similarly increase circulation and has been known to provoke a similar effect in some patients. There is nothing much to worry about as it is normal skin reaction in some people.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.