Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

My vagina has been itchy and hurts a bit the last couple of

Customer Question

My vagina has been itchy and hurts a bit the last couple of weeks
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: No, only started getting to much last month I haven't changed anything I do
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Mmm, lots I had cancer as a child and the chemotherapy and radiotherapy played havoc with my hormones, I am currently seeing a gynecologist at King Edward memorial hospital.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Is there any discharge from vagina?

Any foul odor there?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of having itching vagina & pain can be due to yeast infection.It is one of the most common infection in females.

For confirmation,you can take a home test:

http://www.monistat.com/vaginal-health-products/complete-care/vaginal-health-test

Other possibilities are:infections of the cervix,uterine fibroids,Endometriosis,ovarian cyst,Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).

A pelvic exam is critical to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus and the ovaries.So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?