Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Im 32 and for the past year or so I've been getting lots and

Customer Question

Hi
Im 32 and for the past year or so I've been getting lots and lots of weird symptoms and despite numerous specialists and visits to my GP no cure.
So no two days are the same. I get good days, bad days and very bad days. Lots of weird symptoms which I'll list. Generally I get some version of what I call weirds every day. Sitting and then out of the blue my brain will start doing weird stuff. Very hard to explain but it's like a woooooo feeling in my brain or like a twinge? And a feeling that something is wrong. Most of the time it's intermittent. In and out. Can get like 30 of these per day. Sometimes none per day. Very brief less than a second. If I get a bad one then it will be full blown and last for about 30 seconds which is then followed by sweats and bad nausea usually where I b sick and diarrhoea and then I b shattered and need to sleep. It helps if I take diazepam and a cyclizine (anti nausea). Then I have the other version of it where I get random stabbing pain in my head, nausea, weirds, pressure across my nose and eyes, stiff and painful neck and extreme sensitivity to motion eg going down in a lift, lift jerks at the bottom and then it feels as if I am free falling. Lying in bed with my gf and she moves and it feels like I am on a boat in a storm. I would get a feeling of my right arm is being grabbed, sorta nervy type and then my left calf,
pins and needles down to the little finger and feels numb. I would generally always be shattered and I'm sleeping a lot more than I would do.
General symptoms.
The weird brain twinges
Random pins and needles.
Pins and needles in my face usually right side at the temple or at the jaw line.
Nausea.
Diarrhoea.
Random pain, mainly the random stabbing in my head.
Extreme sensitivity to motion.
Legs feel unsteady.
Vertigo I think.
Ringing in my ears.
Pressure across my nose and eyes.
Lack of sleep and stress and temperature seem to be a factor.
So since this has all started. I have had multiple referrals. Heart has been tested and is fine. Neurologist seemed to think it was partial seizures and put me on anti seizure drugs. NHS being what it is I'm 3 months over due to see them again. Anti seizure meds didn't work. I've had my stomach checked out and I have a large hiatal hernia. Have been referred to ear nose and throat department as it could be meniere disease. Still waiting. I have disc trouble in my lower back and i do seem to be worse when I am in work (desk job) so could it be posture related? Allergic to work? Something to do with the pc screen? GP has said the bad headaches are migraines so could it just be as simple as that and the symptoms are all migraine related?
Any help or advise greatly appreciated as I'm at the end of my tether with all this
Thanks
Chris
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 9 days ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how can I help Chris?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
HiDid you read what I posted?

Yes, I did

is your question what could be causing this?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it is and what can I do about it to get it to stop or if further testing would be needed so I can see my GP to get further referrals made.Thanks

what medicines do you take?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Phenergen 25mg at night time (sleeping tablet)
Propranolol 40mg if my head gets really sore.
2.5mg diazepam if the weirds get really bad.
Cyclizine 50mg if the nausea gets really bad
Omnaprazole 20mg (PPI).

could it be anxiety?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If it was would diazepam not stop it?

diazepam would work temporarily

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It's not anxiety as I'm sure one of the many Drs I've have saw since this all started would have been able to tell if it was something as simple as anxiety. If the best u can do, for a detailed answer is, "is it anxiety?" Then you're not the dr to help me. Thanks for your attempt at help though.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 9 days ago.

This is Dr. David

I see you are asking for another expert to help you

it sounds like you could be having seizures possible

you should see a neurologist and get a EEG test of your brain to see if you are possibly having seizure activity of your brain.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If u had read what I wrote, I have already saw 3 different neurologists who said that it could be partial seizures but a combination of two different seizure medications didn't work and what i experience doesn't match symptoms of partial seizures. I've had an MRI and an EEG, both clear.