Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a sore on left side of my pelvis area where underwear

Customer Question

I have a sore on left side of my pelvis area where underwear ends with left leg...I also noticed it growing now on my leg near it. in some areas it kind of looks broken skinned, other areas kind of shiny and/or white
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: no only symptoms I've noticed is: about a week ago always felt like wetness there (thought I was just liquid draining from either my vagina or anus) as I have neurogenic bowels/no control. I know it can't be due to urine bc I have a bag for that due to neurogenic bladder. just Sunday was first time I looked because it was actually painful to sit upright...and noticed some redness...today I noticed it spread to leg too, and the other symptoms I mentioned earlier.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm allergic to a lot of antibiotics....so I'm a bit concerned for that reason
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 7 days ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
one moment i'll get you one

Great

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm sorry I'm unable to load the picture to the computer. However I can tell you it's spreading from my pubic area (left of my vagina area) to my left leg. It's bright red, I see some skin "peeling away" which I'm sure it's from my scratching area as it's like a painful type of itch. About a week ago I noticed little bit of like liquid draining and becoming a bit more each day. Now like I said it's spreading to my leg. Because I wear depends as I don't have control of my bowels...I one day added a piece of tissue in that area to try relieving some of the discomfort....and next morning I noticed the drainage was yellow with a green border. When I sit upright/straight it hurts more than if I just sit in almost a lying position.

Have you treated it with anything?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
To be honest, I have a feeling this may be caused from my bouts of diarrhea (as they are usually very liquidly and most times I have accidents due to not knowing I have to go) or maybe my vagina (discharge?--not sure). I do have an appointment with an infection disease doctor coming up on Thursday, however I'm concerned about waiting too long as I would have to wait several days after to see if it's an infection. Do you have any suggestions that may help relieve the pain and discomfort ??
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I haven't treated it with anything....because I'm not sure what I am going through....I'm tempting to buy something for vaginitis...but I'm not certain if that would be the answer. I'm on a tight income due to disability, and hate it when I spend money on a product that isn't the answer to what is wrong.

I understand

This sounds like a fungal infection but not so serious it can't wait until Thursday

I would suggest you try over the counter clotrimazole cream three times a day for now--that's the over the counter vaginitis product

That will work on this and then the doctor can decide if that's to be continued or to give you a prescription for ketoconazole cream

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** do that. I appreciate your information.
I don't have any more questions at this time so I want to say good night.
You've been very patient with me :)

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you