Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I'm 34 and healthy male and I had 7 mattress stitches put in

Customer Question

Hi I'm 34 and healthy male and I had 7 mattress stitches put in above my knee cap this past Sunday evening I did not hit any bones or knee cap and was wondering if I'd be ok to return to work on this Thursday morning?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling no redness just making sure I don't pull out any stitches is my main concern
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I'm pretty healthy and I have no allergic reaction to any meds
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually you should be ok to return to work PROVIDED your work does not involve any physical exertion or any strenous physical activity. As long as you take it easy and dont put too much pressure on the knee joint you should be fine. If your job involves bending your knees a lot or lifting heavy objects then i would say that you should give it another couple of days before your return to work.

EVen if you do go back to work, be sure to avoid too much pressure on the knee, e.g when you sit down try to keep your knee extended or when you walk avoid bending the affected knee too much. This would need to be done only for a couple of more days.

As long as you fulfill the above pre requisites you can certainly return to work.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.