Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 43 year old son is complaining of stomach pain stating

Customer Question

My 43 year old son is complaining of stomach pain stating that he feels he needs to pass gas but can't, and has pain in abdomen. Last small bowel movement was today AM. He feels he is constipated and can't get in any position lying down, sitting up to get comfortable to bear pain in the middle of his abdomen. I gave him two Tums and he took three gulps of spearmint tea. Can you advise what to do.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

There are number of causes resulting such symptoms, most common being gastritis and stomach upset. However pancreatitis is the condition which needs to be ruled out to be on safe side. I would recommend you to give him tablet zantac (ranitidine) and psylium husk. Ginger tea and chamomile tea would help a lot. If the pain is severe in intensity and does not improve take him to urgent care for thorough examination and an ultrasound to rule out pancreatitis.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.