Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

Can I take zolpidem and Benadryl at the same time? I

Customer Question

Can I take zolpidem and Benadryl at the same time?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I currently have developed allergies to many things. I am coughing my head off, but can't take srt
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: steroids or Codiene. So in order to get some sleep at night without coughing all night is to take ambien. But I also nee benedryl for my sinuses.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I went to see my Dr last week and she wasn't able to do much for me because of my allergies. My cough is getting worse and keeping me awake at night.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing and treating neurological & all health conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Customer/p>

Yes, Zolpidem & Benadryl can be taken together safely and these two drugs are not expected to produce any serious or major drug interactions. There are no known contraindications to use these 2 drugs together.

There are patients have used these 2 drugs together and clinical experience shows there are no major or serious drug interactions known to occur when these 2 drugs are used together.

Issues like increased sedation may occur when these 2 drugs are combined so precaution is recommended related to driving or related to activities that may require focus, attention, balance & coordination etc, but as far as serious adverse reactions are concerned there are no such concerns with this kind of drug combination. Also because of the possibility of excessive sedation - in the beginning you may combine relatively smaller doses of these meds and then optimize the dose depending upon how you tolerate this combination.

Once again I reassure you Zolpidem & Benadryl can be used together safely as discussed above.

Wishing you the best health! All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. And if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Customer/p>

Hi, once again I reassure you Zolpidem and Benadryl can be taken together and there are no serious or major drug interactions expected when you use them together. Some extra sedation may occur initially, so you may take some precautions in the first few days as discussed earlier above, but this excessive sedation will resolve as you continue using this combination.

Do you have any further questions?

Hi, did you take these 2 meds together? Did it go fine? Do you have any further questions?

Please do not forget to kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. And if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Assuring you the best services!

Thanks & Best Regards!