How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2592
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a problem with pain between my right baby toe and the

Customer Question

I have a problem with pain between my right baby toe and the fourth toe with a calous like thing on my baby toe and a blister like area on my fourth toe. I generally have good fitting shoes and don't know why this has developed, but it is affecting my ability to walk due to pain. It does not affect my left toes. It developed a couple of months ago and is very frustrating. Shoes I wore regularly are now painful to wear, so I have given them up. Any ideas?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: About 2 months. Pain is made better by turning the baby toe more upright, but this is temporary.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not sure. The area on the baby toe is like a calous and painful to touch. It is like a blister without a fluid source and hard.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 month ago.


Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not sure how to upload a photo. Can this wait until a friend can show me how? This may take a few days. I am a senior.Kathleen
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think it best to send a picture rather than a phone call at this time, as I still may not be able to describe adequately.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this okay?
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 month ago.

This seems like a frictional callous on the area which has blistered due to friction.

Have you got it scraped anytime from the podiatrist or dermatologist ? ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. I have not. And i agree that it seems frictional. However, I just don't know why, as I have not altered any of my habits or shoe comfort requirements. It just seems weird that it was not a problem before. Also, it takes so long to get a professional appointment. I also am a doctor, but not a medical doctor. I have a PhD in the sciences, so I am not uneducated. This really bugs me. I walk several miles a day with my Old English Sheepdogs, herd sheep with one of them, and am always on the go. In last few months, however, I have to say that we have had so much rain that I practically live in rain boots. Having said that, I take care of my feet, as my mother is a diabetic. I just don't know what has changed. I am not a diabetic. I feel like I want to have my baby toe removed.
Expert:  Dr. Pravin replied 1 month ago.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would suggest you to get the area scrapped at the professional clinic as this would reduce the entire callous out .

I would suggest you to apply Urea based cream on the area twice a day for 15 days to prevent recurrence.

This happens as the skin gets abnormally compressed in between the bone and pressure of shoes .

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.