Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.
65718478

I'm really struggling this week. I have been diagnosed with

Customer Question

I'm really struggling this week. I have been diagnosed with vestibular migraines and been having an awful flair. It started with sneezing and a runny nose. It turned out I had a bad sinus infection that has literally made my body freak out. I am so dizzy, spaced out and awful feeling. Having several anxiety attacks a day. Today alone I've had three awful panic attacks. I keep having this awful derealization feeling where I feel my brain just switches and all of a sudden everything feels so foreign and far away.I saw my neurologist and he switched my meds to propanol, Effexor xr and zonisamed. I have been having vertigo attacks everyday that turn into panic attacks and the cycle goes on. I feel like I'm stuck on this awful loop. I feel like
I'm either dying or going craZy.I've had a MRI of my head and neck, Ct scan of head and sinuses, ultrasound of my neck, 24 hour heart monitor, ekgs, blood work (thyroid and regular panel). And most recently I've had a VNG that showed nothing wrong with my ears at all.Any advice on how to manage this and manage the anxiety and panic? Or how I can convince myself
I'm not going crazy. I'm so worried these symptoms aren't ever going to go away.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what antibiotics did you take?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Amoxicillin 500mg
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 months ago.
It sounds like you have had extensive medical testing showing nothing serious wrong. Really more testing than you need. And the conclusion appears to be anxiety and panic attacks. You are already being treated medically. I would suggest seeing a psychologist or therapist who can help you deal with the symptoms you are having related to anxiety and panic. Learning to deal with the symptoms will be more helpful than accumulating more pills that will not help you.