Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I fell down the stairs about two weeks ago i went to the

Customer Question

I fell down the stairs about two weeks ago i went to the hospital and after xrays nothing was broken but i have a growth the size of a tennis ball that formef obove my but chhek and its not swelling down
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: The day i fell
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 days ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age & gender?

Do you have pain there in lump?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having lump/growth of size of tennis ball on your butt cheek is medically called as hematoma.

A hematoma is a localized collection of blood outside the blood vessels usually in liquid form within the tissue.

A hematoma usually is not a cause for concern.Apply gentle heat with warm towels, a hot water bottle, or a heating pad. The heat is applied for 20 minutes at a time to promote absorption and repair.Hematoma will resolve by itself within few weeks.

Despite how they feel, hematomas are not typically cause for concern.Hematoma will resolve by itself within few weeks.

So as it has been 2 weeks since your fall from stairs,this may take time of another few weeks.

So I advise you to just wait & watch and apply heat as described above to subside it more quickly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

If you feel any of these symptoms,only then there is need of concern:

-Extreme pressure in the site of hematoma
-Increasing pain,
-Skin pallor (or a noticeable loss of color to the area),
-Numbness
-Tingling sensation

From your symptoms,it does not seem that you are having any of these symptoms. So my best advise for you is to please wait for 1-2 weeks & by this time the hematoma should subside.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 8 days ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.Have you applied heat as described?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please do reply.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh